Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another new start

Happy new year!

I love the optimism of the new year.  All of the failings of 2010 are behind us and the best resolutions and intentions reign for the upcoming year.   Even though I made no official resolutions, I still feel the bright cheer of a clean slate and hopeful that this year, I'll finally hit my stride and be the super version of myself that I aspire to be.

Hopefully that positive feeling will at least take me through the next couple of weeks before I fall back into my slothful and hedonistic ways.  I hope to be more productive, healthier, funnier, and better dressed in 2011 than I was in 2010.  And if I can't accomplish all of that, hopefully I will at least be a good granddaughter and a good aunt.  What is it that Matt tells me?  Aim low to avoid disappointment. 

In reality, I'm sure the next year will follow the same pattern as the past 33.  There will be lots of great times with family and friends, much humor, plenty of satiating delicacies, a few tender moments, entertaining travels,but also some hard work, too much stress and worry, disappointments and heartaches, and a good dose of drama.  Life will go on as it always does.  Which, on balance, is generally pretty great from my vantage point.  So, bring it on, 2011.  I'm ready for ya!








No comments: